Introduction

About me 

My name is Abdinasir Ahmed I am 21 year's old from Somalia a country located in the horn of Africa in  which many people don't know about about. Something that people don't now me about except those that are close to me is that  I came into Ireland in October 2014 at the age of 15 with no basic of English. When me and my family moved into the country my dad could not find a place to stay for us in Dublin so we were forced to move to Waterford, county in the province of Munstersouthern Ireland. when a friend of my fathers found a house there for us. by the time we moved to Waterford it was November and could not find a school a long with that I was not ready to sit down for the Junior Certificate Examinations so I ended up taking the year off to attend English learning classes for the next Seven months. 

In June 2015 my dad found a place in Blanchardstown Dublin, after the summer that year I attended Riversdale Community Collage just near TU Dublin Blanchardstown. I was put in Transition year (4th year) that year. I think this year  had a massive impact on how I adapted things in Ireland because there was a lot of activities I participated in and I also made some fantastic friends that year those friends helped me in many different ways.

After Transition year I went on to do my leaving cert for the next two years graduating in may 2018. I did not now if I wanted to go to collage in 2018 so instead I decided to do one year PLC Course in Creative Media In Dunboyne Collage Further of Education in county Meath. I enjoined the Creative media course I did in Dunboyne Collage which lead me to this Creative Digital Media course in TU Dublin Blanchardstown.  

what was the best class you took last semester? why?

I enjoyed all the modules from last semester and each module had it's unique interesting thing about about but the three I most enjoyed were Visual  Creativity, Storytelling and Design Process because these three module were about exploring your Ideas in to action and  provide a piece of work which has a deep meaning and Identity.

The  skills I have  learned in those modules were Communication skills, Creativity, Typography, Colour Theory, Composition, Softwares  (Adobe Premier Pro and Adobe Illustrator) , Developing Story, Creating Characters, Creating goals and Conflicts. 

But the module that i think was my favorite was Design Process and Storytelling because  I enjoyed brain-storming and using my creativity and imagination to establish a story or a peace of design which had which had some kind of process before creating the final out come. I loved creating characters and give all his attributes, personality, realistic goals and conflicts. 

  what were your biggest accomplishments last semester?

I think getting through the second semester and doing alright in all the modules with no repeats considering the presence of COVID 19 because I thought I would have at least one or two repeats but that was not the case and I was proud of that and I learned that If you put your head with the ambition of the getting it done it can be done and we shouldn't underestimate ourselves.  

what are your goals for this module? What do you want to achieve?

My goal for this module is to learn as much as possible and achieve  the highest possible grade. I want to learn skills that I could take and apply what's to come in the coming years. I had like to develop a really good game because I am starting to build my career portfolio so that I can put this game in my career portfolio and any other amazing work I do this year

Favourite TV shows 

Currently my current favourite TV Show is a TV Show called (Border-Town) the show is about a genius man who is detective tries to solve a mysterious crimes in the town where he'd just moved in. 

Career goals: short-term, long-term, practical goals, big dream goals

Right now my only focus is completing my degree and building my career portfolio but I had like to get in the film or design industries. when I say design Game Design could fall in this category 

You could say something about your favourite game(s), and link to that post

I am not really in to games and I think it's because I never used play any games and my friends really get shocked when I tell them I have never really played some of the well known games from before or now like Mario Kart, Call Of Duty and Fornite.

I also think I don't play games now because I am not really good at it or don't have the patience to keep on trying but I think this is in a way an advantage as Shaun mentioned in one of the lectures it's actually an advantage to not know much about games because everyone in the gaming industry is creating some similar games so with me having no idea about it at all I might come up with some fresh ideas so I am looking to take an advantage of this advantage. 













Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abdi,

    I really enjoyed reading your introduction. It was super inspirational to read about your journey from Africa to Ireland. I can relate to this (in a way) as my parents also came from a foreign country and moved to Ireland. My English was also very poor when I was young because I grew up learning two languages at once so it was really difficult to juggle the two.

    I also really enjoyed Storytelling and Design Process from last year. However, they were lowkey painful, but I still enjoyed them!

    I also don’t play many games. People also thought I crazy for never playing Fortnite before.

    Anyway, that’s it. Hope you develop a really good portfolio for the future btw!

    - Khang Pham

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Abdi, really enjoyed reading your introduction on yourself and getting to know more about you and where you’re from! Can’t believe you only learned English in 2014, you definitely couldn’t tell! It mustn’t of been easy so well done! Hope you’re enjoyed the course so far and glad everything is working out for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Abdi,

    It's really inspiring seeing people's journey to how they got to where they are and yours is no exception. You've come a long way in such a short amount of time and learning English at the age of 15 couldn't have been easy so it's really impressive how far you've come. Glad that you're enjoying the course and I know you'll make it big after you get the degree so keep grinding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Abdi
    If I had to describe this blog in one word it would be 'wow'. This is honestly the most inspirational blog I've ever read. I honestly would not be able to tell that you only learned English in 2014. Your English is better than mine 😂😂😂 I'm glad you enjoyed the PLC, me too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Abdi! I really enjoyed reading your blog. I feel like you're better at english than I am and I moved here when I was about 6. Moving to a country for the very first time can be extremely stressful for everyone, I remember when I started first class in primary school I hugged my mams legs because I didn't want to go. I literally just got thrown into a primary school and I had no idea how to communicate in english. I'm glad you are enjoying this course and I can't wait to see your future projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hows it going Abdi! Just finished reading your blog and from talking to you last year never would have thought you're only in Ireland such a short time, fair play! Feel like I'm always looking for a new TV show and never heard of Bordertown so might give it a watch. Good to see how much you're enjoying the course and hope it keeps going as well for you as it did in year 1. Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Abdi, me again! I really enjoyed reading your introduction and I feel I know about you from reading it. I can't believe you only learned english in 2014, I would have never guessed. Thats some achievement! Glad to see you enjoyed last year and I am sure your portfolio is filled with very creative pieces already. Good luck with this semester :) - Aoibhe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Abdi! I really find your introduction blog inspiring and I can also relate to it because I wasn't born in Ireland and only moved here 2013. I already finished first year in the Philippines but unfortunately I had to repeat here because of Junior Cert. It was also hard for me to communicate with other student even though I understand English already because I'm not used to speak English hahah. You're English is really good and I can see that you worked hard for it!

    I also like Storytelling and Design process even though both of them have so much work , it was still worth it and really give me a good experience. I hope that you're enjoying this semester even though we're still in lockdown hahaah.

    -Flosie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Abdi, cool blog! I really enjoyed reading through your introduction as I learned new things about you, I can relate to your experience coming from another country it changes your perspective when shifting cultures. I like the way you put your introduction into different sections, you expressed your life in a creative way. I really liked visual creativity when I did the repeat in the summer, the theme was "networked" which I worked better with, it is a god module for opening that visual part of the mind. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Abdi
    First just wanted to say i really enjoyed reading this blog and getting to know you a bit more, wow i did know you were from Somalia !! you seem to have had a very intriguing journey and i can definitely relate to it a lot. i see your favorite show is "Border-Town" haven't herd of it but ive definitely added it to my list

    All and all it was great getting to know you more best of luck with the rest of the semester

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Abdi!!! That was the most interesting blog I've read this year, your story is crazy and it shows your family and your character as very strong and determined. Coming here as a 15 year old must have been some shock to the system, especially not speaking English then you even did the leaving cert, your probably one of the hardest workers on the course, considering English isn't your first language and then you have to be taught how to code, Jesus, fair play""" Thank god you got out of Waterford, there's nothing there ahaha Anyway man your story is incredible and I hope you achieve what you plan to, no reason you shouldn't!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Abdi, just after finishing reading your introduction blog and I have to say it was great getting to read about you and learning some new stuff about you. I had no idea you were from Somalia, that's really interesting and I say was very difficult to move from one country to another, with all the difference in cultural and all. Anyways, best of luck with everything this year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment