Game Vision Statement

Introduction To My Game 

 can't beat it!!
Source: Click here 

Genre: Endless Running 

I was very amazed to see how popular this genre is, the games have no ending or moving to a next level, you simply play until failure. These games games normally difficult, slow and easy and the longer you last the harder it gets which can be very frustrating for players to  maintain focus after minutes. This genre is generally characterized as action game.   

I really don't games because I get frustrated easily when I find a game difficult. I was surprised to see how the Ideas I visualized in my head and brainstormed, in many different games within genre during my research. 

Before jumping to conclusion I wanted to familiarize myself with this genre so I decided  to download some games to obtain some basic understanding of how these games work and get a first person experience so I don't find myself out the genre. 

I read This article to learn about this genre:  Endless Runner Games: Evolution and Future

Endless Runner Games I played  

The first game I downloaded was Unity Chan 3D  . Just like expected the game started difficult, slow and easy and got even more difficult. It was interesting to see how the obstacles emerge one after another and also the player is giving all sort of attributes to deal with the obstacles, whether she has to jump, slide or mover left or right. 

                                                              Unity Chan 3D 


If I know about this game I don't think there is anyone that doesn't know about this game, I think this game is far more sufficient in terms of game play and graphics. The player can do incredibly a lot more things, the player is able to skate, fly as well as doing everything else the player in the first can do 

Subway Surf


Game Play 

As I plan to  make a fun game I intend to have good balanced game so the player can feel challenged constantly. 
The first thing I want is to have a well balanced game for example where there is a major difficulty there's also a major reward that the player can collect . The second thing I want to have in my game is I want to have some hard rules as well as some soft rules for example giving the player one life so he may continue when he fails. '
The third thing I want to have in my game is  a small rewards and greater rewards but there is a catch, where there is a greater reward the player must make a choice because there is a danger that comes with the the greater reward.
 

But the game still sounds boring and I don't want to add too many things because I don't think I have the skills to imagine big so I want t be clear honest with myself and make sure I come up with something realistic. 

I know the area I should  focus is creating the game and not worry about assets as I will be able to get  some ready to go assets from Unity to help me create my game. 


    Resources 

    Create an Endless Running Game in Unity

    1. Unity Chan 3D:  Unity-Chan! Model
    2. 3D Endless Runner: Click here

    3. Shadow Run full game: Click here << not sure about this one 😏




    Thank you, 


















    Comments

    1. Hi Abdi, I like the way you are going for a temple run type game, that game is pretty cool, also like subway surf, very addicting and challenging, it definitely sparks competition between friends and players who play it. Your explanation of the reward process was clear and makes sense, the player is rewarded depending on how they handled obstacles set for them. I understand that the player may be able to get one life after failure, but I still do not understand how the player will earn that privilege. You talked about a large reward that comes with a danger, if the danger is deadly the reward could perhaps be invisibility for a certain amount of time like a minute or so. Overall good concept coming along, looking forward for further info.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hey Abdi, I have also decided on making an endless runner game and I like your idea of giving your player an extra life if they fail. Endless runner games are always so fun to play since they're simple but also give you a challenge. I wonder what rewards you are planning to add into your game? Its a good way of motivating the player to try harder. Also I think it would be a good idea if you included a high score in your game to show progress to the player. Good luck with your game :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hi Abdi, it's Aoibhe. Just had a read through your vision statement! Sounds like you have it all worked out and your game sounds like lots of fun. I also can get frustrated with a game when it's too difficult !! I like the idea of your game that the player can run until they die, also that you will give the player an extra life, this is brillaint. Well done Abdi, I wish you luck with your game! - Aoibhe

      ReplyDelete
    4. Hey Abdi,
      How are you doing? I have just finished having a look through your blog and reading some of your project posts. I found myself navigating through your blog with ease, the layout is great and the overall aesthetics look really well. I love the idea of an endless runner game so I'm excited to play yours. I find games like Subway Surfer and Temple Run so fun. I like how you decided to go and play some games in the that particular genre before you started to make your game. I imagine you got a good idea and feel for what your game can or should include. I was also wondering if you think a double jump would be good to implement in your game? Fair play on the progress you are making, all the best with your game!

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment