Game Idea Research

Image describes how a person should feel when the are playing my game 

Image Source: HERE

The Idea I have decided to go with is my third Idea from last week which is a running game, as discussed last week I want to keep my game nice and simple to be able to create a good game as well as executing my goals. 

There is one thing I need to think about if I want to meet my expectations for this game, I need to decide whether I want to create a character based game or an object based game because after a lot of research I  did not find resources on running character based game but there seemed some useful resources for an object based game and the other reason is I now know an object can be moved and rotated in a certain direction but I don't know how it would be for a character.To make this project challenging for myself I will go with the character based Idea because I think it's doable.  

Character: 
My character will have a high speed in order to reach the expected goal in the time given, the character will have a really a good movement to dodge and jump the obstacles on his way, there will also be a third person camera following him from the back.

Obstacles  
I want the obstacles to come in large and small sizes so that the player doesn't see what's a head of him at ll time and so he doesn't get the feeling to anticipate his next move long before he gets from one obstacle to another, he will have to take on one obstacle at the time so there can be a lot of challenging surprises.

Objective
The player has to collect the awards in front of him while dodging some obstacles that are placed on his way, there is unlimited amount of awards to be collected but sometimes he has to figure out if it's a good Idea to collect a certain awards that are placed closely to the obstacles he is trying to avoid

Possible Mechanics 
  1. I want the player to avoid all forms of obstacles that are in front of him 
  2. Since the player is fast and there are unlimited awards to be collected I expect the player to collect a certain amount of awards or maybe call the coins in the time given
  3. Since the obstacles are both small and large I will give the player the ability to jump if possible 




Possible assets 



Game Inspiration
















Comments

  1. Hey Abdi, I hope you're doing well. I really like your game idea and think will be great to make. I'm sure you can use what we learnt in the Unity tutorials to help you out. I like how the idea is simple because the best games are simple to play but hard to master. Since the gameplay is similar to the game you got inspired from, what are the main things that separate yours from them? Also what do you think are the elements that will make your game better or more enjoyable? I think it would be cool to add some abilities to the character like slow-motion or invincibility which can be unlocked through the award system you have. I also think it would be awesome if you could add some costumes and accessories to the game! I really hope this works out for you and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Abdi, just finished reading your game idea and think it could turn out really good. Simple and not overly complicated which I think will make it really enjoyable. I can feel the inspiration you had from Subway Surfers from your description of it and it also reminds me of Temple Run. Hope it goes well for you and hopefully when we're all back in college we might get to test out eachothers games!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment