Games GDD

 Hey, It's good to be back writing blogs 

The first the article I read for this weeks reading task was Communication and Game Design Documents 
the article was very interesting and gave some insight information about communications and game design document. The first piece that was discussed in the article was what a Game Design Document is, Game Design Document is a tool used by designer to mainly organize and communicate the process while thinking about the requirements of your game and what Document will be most appropriate for your game because not all games necessarily require the same document. 

with the incredibly amount of work load involved designers are very likely to forget some very important decisions that define their game which is why Design Document is used as a tool to record all of the important design decisions. Designers work with teams therefore there has to be an effective way of communicating so it's important to create a document that is easy to annotate.  

The article went on  into full detail to describe many types of design document's. Teams have a different needs for their documentation but it usually depends on size of the team and design scope. If you want to learn about the types here is the link  Communication and Game Design Documents 

There are particular rules in place for a good Design Documentation, The article mentioned how Design Documents are not regularly updated  and do not successfully support the process. If you are interested and want to learn bout the rules here is the link  Communication and Game Design Documents 

And finally in the first article I learned about a concept called GamePlay Pillars which directly talks about the core features of the game, the article gave some simple examples to help me understand this concept in a simple way. 

In the second article I read, I read about how to create Game Design Document (GDD for short), I after reading the first article I couldn't get my head around the information I got but this second article was incredibly helpful because simple (GDD) was put into work and explained. I found this article very informative. This second article was about creating a  Game Design Document in a simple and understandable way so I really enjoyed this one. 

And lastly I watched the video, He basically briefly went through the Game Design Document, each stage of the document was briefly discussed. the video helped me understand (GDD) I think if there a need for a Game Design Document for my game or If I need to create this document in the future I have a basic understanding of  what I need to do. 

while I was watching the video my time was over and continued to watch the video then started writing my blog but I will definitely go through  the additional readings some other time.     


Visual Concept 
Image Source: Here 

  


Fair play if you made it this far.

-Abdi 





























Comments