Beta

Hi, 

So I have been working on my game and I have to say I am delighted with the progress I have made so far. I have been struggling on creating a generating infinite tiles for so long but with the help of one of the tutorials I found I successfully I achieved probably the most important part of my game which is the infinite tiles. I was so against taking the easier route which is just simply giving the Z axis of the path I created a high number because if someone played the game for so long eventually the path will end also it's hard to place all the obstacles on the path and get them to spawn.

Screenshot of my game

I feel like I have a lot to do before we submit the final video but it's all things that I able to do unless I face a problem with Unity again. Right now I have collision detection and game over screen when the player hits an obstacle and the only thing left for me to is add the coins and work on things I can do to improve the game like animations for jumping and add music for when the player collects a coin. 

As you can see if you read the previous posts about my game you it is different that's because I found a road model for the path, I used a character from one of the tutorials we have done and changed the background colour because I thought this colour goes well with my idea. and also restarting my game forced me to make these changes. 

checklist before final submission: 

Add coins and get the player to collect the them ,Add score and distance board

Add music and sound for when the player collects a coin

Video

Clean up the game and scripts

All in all I am happy that my game is working well and solved the most important part of my game, After all the hours I spent on research and working on the game I am glad it's finally coming together. 


--Abdi 

 










Comments

  1. Hey Abdi! Congrats on the game it's looking really great. Unlike you finding a tutorial to create infinite tiles I took the lazy option and just elongated my Y axis. If you haven't already done it yet I added a coin tutorial to one of my previous project blog posts if you haven't found one already. Good luck with final submission.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment