Planning

 Hi

Image source:  Here!
This week we started our reading project by choosing the topic we want to research, The topic I picked is "Game Balance" as I feel like it's very important element in every game and a game without any balance may become boring, easy or hard. 

After picking my topic I done a quick research to see if the topic in question is scholarly topic to make sure the topic is well covered with enough resources. my topic is an interest to this field with handful of academic papers and videos and it should be easy enough to find the materials I need to read. 


After familiarizing myself with the topic in question I done my keywords which I used to search for reading materials using the search strategy we learned on Thursday. As my topic is very specific I had to add "game balance" to each keyword I came up with because the keywords alone would not get me the results I was looking for. 

I began searching for materials on the library website using the strategy we learned on Thursday, the resources on the library for my topic are quite limited but there was plenty of papers and videos on google scholar which I think are exactly what I need. 

Another trick I learned while hunting for reading materials is to find papers that are not practically academic style then went on  to their references section and downloaded the original papers they used to read, Wikipedia references section  was where I got some of my materials for this project. 

and finally I explored RefWorks by uploading and organizing some of the papers I found and I also created word file containing some videos I found on YouTube that discuss the topic in a academic style. 

-Abdi 


 









Comments