Week 9 Reading and Writing



Review Time
Image Source 


I do not have the gift of reading however I really did enjoy reading and writing blogs afterwards. I think the way the reading task was set up was helpful and also how it was made compulsory because this helped me personally to actually read. This is a lot better than having to go through 30+ pages of PDFs that have further more information to look into but for the reading task you would only focus on the articles given to read and don't need to do further reading. 

My favorite reading so far is when I learned what makes a good game rule from a bad one in week 5 where we learned about MDA and it's importance. The reading tasks and my notes helped me to remember about the rules and think about how I can expand my idea or if I need to let go anything in my game that would not help me come up with a good final outcome in the end. 
at the beginning of the semester I used to read in a very strange way, I used to read every
paragraph in the article separately and while writing the blog but later started reading everything and taking which helped me to write the blog better and understand what i read better. 

I am happy with my project so far but I feel like the my idea is not completely original as there are a lot of games like mine which is good in a way because it means I will be able to find much more resources to make my game. I think this is because I didn't think about my game Ideas carefully in the first and it lead me to think of it in a general sense. 

I found it alright to balance the work and stay on track considering the work load and other deadlines I had for other modules. I found myself behind on the work because I struggled to start my game, I explained the reason behind my struggles on this blog if you would like to know more about it. 

I do have some regrets because I feel like I didn't take some of the tasks serous enough which let me down because I was aiming for an A in this module but now I know that every bit of work matters for an A grade so it's something I will keep in mind.  overall I think I am in a good place because my project is slowly coming together and I now know  a lot about game design.

-Abdi




























Comments